DHL Parcel UK Integration
We are offering Shopify integration with DHL Parcel UK.
Our integration app is able to automate the process of generating tracking numbers, keeping the customers up to date with the status of the delivery and close the fulfillment on successful delivery.
To use this integration, you need DHL UK API credentials.
If you already have a DHL business account, please contact your account manager and raise a request with the Customer Integrations team.
Please contact DHL if you don't have an account.
The pricing is based on how many labels are created in a month.
|Additional usage rate
- In case of the Free plan, if the included labels are used, no more labels can be created until the new billing month begins.
- For the paid plans, after the included labels are used, the following labels are charged with the Aditional usage rate, per label.
Save the time spent filling shipping forms. Let the app do it for you!
- Creates labels automatically or manually with one click
- Tracks deivery status and updates the shop orders accordingly
- Prints labels directly from the app
- Prints labels in bulk
- Prints packing slips, one by one or in bulk
- Includes the tracking link in the order status page so that the customer can check the delivery status.
- Batch shipment creation - select multiple orders and generate shipment documents for all of them.
You can customize how the app works using the following options:
- The Default service is the service type that will be used for new shipments, if there is no match in the Shipping method mapping.
- The Edit pickup account button opens the page where you can assign pickup accounts to each available DHL service. Only services with an assigned pickup account can be used to create labels. Multiple services can have the same pickup account code.
- The Sender address can be the address of the Shopify location assigned to an order or an address defined in the Collection addresses page (click the Edit collection address button to edit it)
- The Sender email is mandatory.
- The Customs description is only used for deliveries to Jersey and Guernsey. In case you ship to this locations, please enter a short description of your store's products (up to 15 characters). E.g. "Clothing".
- VAT Number - Your company VAT number; it is mandatory for international deliveries.
- Invoice type - Proforma or Commercial.
- Duties paid terms Indicates whether duties and taxes for the shipment are paid by the shipper - DDP (Delivered Duties Paid), DDU (Delivered Duties Unpaid), DAP (Delivered at Place), DDX (Delivered Duty paid eXcluding VAT).
- Automatic fulfillment - If app's Automatic fulfillment is enabled. each time a new order is created by a customer, the app automatically creates a fulfillment request for the order and generates a tracking number.
- Calculate Pickup date from Delivery date - If checked, the app tries to calculate the pickup date based on the Delivery date from Additional details, using the 'Additional Details Key' from list options. The additional details for an order can be added by other apps, like Zapiet click and collect and others.
When this option is enabled, the option to manually select the pickup date when you fulfill a batch of orders will apply only to orders without Delivery date in the Additional details section.
If the Delivery date is found, pickup date will be set to the day before delivery date.
- Forward pickup date (days) - By default, the pickup date is initialized with the current date. If this value is grater than zero, then the pickup date is initialized with curent date plus the number of days entered in this field.
- Pickup next day after - After this time of day, the default pickup date is moved to the next day instead of the current day.
- Send Shopify shipment notifications - If enabled, notification emails are sent to customers, by Shopify, when delivery reaches various states: package on the way, package out for delivery, package delivered.
Shipping method mapping
The Edit Shipping Method Mapping button - opens a new page to edit the mapping between the shipping methods configured in your Shopify store and DHL services:
In the above page, you can select a default DHL service for each shipping option you have defined for your store.
There are two types of mappings:
- Shipping settings mapping - In this case, you can select a default DHL service for each shipping option you have defined for your store in the shipping settings of the Shopify Admin.
- Manual mapping - In this case you can manually define Shipping Titles which can be mapped to DHL Services. This option is useful when your store is using other apps to define the available Shipping methods, like Intuitive Shipping
How it works:
Each time a shipment is created on the DHL system, our app has to select a DHL service from the available services (services with a pickup account configured).
We take the next steps to pick the most appropriate service:
- Look into the shipping methods mapping to see if the shipping method selected in the order is mapped to a DHL service - if it is, and that service is available (has a pickup account set), then use it.
- If previous step was unsuccessful, use the Default Service selected in the app's options page.
Setting the fulfillment service
The integration module also provides functionality to set the fulfillment service provider for products, in bulk, right from the Products admin page.
The app's fulfillment service is not mandatory and should be used only in specific cases. The app works well without using it. If you have any questions regarding this feature, please contact us.
Fan Shipping app options
The DHL integration benefits from all features of the Fan Shipping application.
Please check the Fan Shipping application page for more details.