DPD delivery to Pickup Points
The DPD integration for Shopify supports delivery to Pickup points, when the country you are delivering from supports this functionality.
If you have a contract with one of the following countries, you can deliver to pickup points: UK, Portugal, Romania, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Germany, Czech Republic, Italy, Slovakia, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
Pickup point selection modes
There are two ways the app can be configured to allow customers to select the pickup point for their order:
- Thank-you page mode - in this mode, a popup will be displayed to allow customers to search for pickup points, after the order is completed, in the thank-you page.
This mode is available to all application plans, including the Free plan.
For the Free and Basic plans, the usage is limitted to 120% the number of labels included in your plan. For example, if you opted for the Basic plan, which includes 100 labels, you will be able to save up to 120 pickup points.
Starting with the Standard plan, the number of pickup points which can be saved is unlimited.
- The 'Show as shipping options' mode - in this mode, the pickup points are displayed during the checkout, when the customer selects the shipping method and rate.
The pickup points displayed in this case are in the vecinity of the shipping address selected in the previous checkout step.
This mode is available starting with the Premium plan.
Also, this mode requires Shopify's Third-party calculated shipping rates feature. The Third-party calculated shipping rates feature is available on the Advanced Shopify plan.
Starting January 1, 2023, stores on the Shopify Starter and Basic plans cannot request access to this feature. Stores on the Shopify plan can continue to request access by contacting Shopify support.
Setting up the Thank-you page mode
First you need to configure a shipping method (rate) in Settings / Shipping and delivery section, which will be available for your customers in the checkout process. Let's say you name it 'DPD Pickup', but it can be any name you choose.
When a customer selects this shipping method, the app will open a dialog to select the delivery location, after the order is completed, in the Thank you page.
Second thing is the pickup point configuration page in the app.
In this page you must enter the name of the shipping method defined in previous step ('DPD Pickup').
You can also customize the dialog, translating the texts or adding a custom CSS to change it's appearance.
The Pickup point list size option is not limiting the number of pickup points loaded. It is only setting the number of lines you can see in the list without scrolling.
- When the customer selects a pickup point, information identifying the selected location is saved in the order, under 'ADDITIONAL DETAILS' section.
- If this information is present, the app will ignore the shipping addres and will create the shipment with destination to the selected pickup point.
- If you want to overwrite this and create the shipment using the order's shipping address, you can edit the 'DPD Pickup Office' entry in 'ADDITIONAL DETAILS' section and delete it's value.
- If the customer leaves the Thank you page without selecting a pickup point, the dialog for selecting a pickup point will be displayed each time the page is displayed (or refreshed).
- When the dialog is displayed, the list of pickup points is filled with all pickup points for the postcode entered by the customer in the shiping address, during checkout. However, the customer has the option to search for other shops using a different postcode.
- If you disable the functionality from the Pickup point configuration page, the Thank you page popup will not be displayed anymore, but the shipping method is not deleted - you have to do it manually in Shopify settings.
- Because the Pickup point selection is done after checkout, the customer can leave the Thank-you page without selecting a pickup point. In this case you'll have an order with Pickup shipping method but without a pickup point selected. For these cases a notification icon will be displayd in the order list, as below.
Setting up the 'shipping options' mode
This method has the advantage that the customer cannot finalize the checkout without selecting a pickup point, if delivery to pickup points it's an option for that order destination.
First, select Show as shipping options. If this option is disabled, the reasons will be displayed. You will not be able to select it if the ap plan is not Premium or higher or if your store does not have the Third-party calculated shipping rates feature.
You need to enter the following:
- Pickup points shipping rate - the shipping rate to deliver to a pickup point. The rate will be the same for all locations.
- Free over - When the order total value is over this value, the pickup point shipping is free. Leave empty if you do not want to use this feature.
- Shipping rate prefix - a text of at lest 3 chars which will be displayed before the name of the Pickup point location, for all locations.
After the order is created by the customer, the app will save the pickup point details in the 'ADDITIONAL DETAILS' section, with the same information as for the Thank-you page mode.
Go to the DPD app page